Powered By Blogger

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House
So this isn't Home Sweet Home...adjust!!

Baby Blue

Baby Blue
love is all you need...and an old truck!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My hubby brought home an outhouse :) YES I'm smiling

Not all wives would have the same reaction as I did if their hubby surprised them with an OUTHOUSE lol. Most girls prefer flowers,or chocolate...but when my husband nearly broke his back dragging out an overgrown outhouse circa 1800's I was happy as a pig in....dirt ;)
I have always wanted one on our property, but never got around to making one from the stack of barn boards behind our garage! 
You may think that I'm crazy not to be offended,but when I get it situated in just the right corner of our yard and plant some wild flowers around it you'll get it :)
Once upon a time it was wallpapered inside and there are still remnants of an old advertisement..announcing " trout season opens today "
Who would have thought, way back then, on those frosty mornings in bare feet running out to the outhouse that someone, someday would see it as charming??
My Great Gramma Goodberry had one..in Verona On. we would visit her every summer, seemed like days and days to drive there...(it's 2 hrs away)
I was scared to death to run out there mainly because my older siblings or my dad would run out and RAWR at me when I was shivering, hoovering over  the seat already thinking there were snakes going to get me from the dark hole..they (my family members not the snakes)got me every time, even though I new it was coming..
Maybe its a childhood fear I need to overcome or just the beauty of the old barn board that I love...either way I love my outhouse thanks Paul :) xo

No comments: