Powered By Blogger

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House
So this isn't Home Sweet Home...adjust!!

Baby Blue

Baby Blue
love is all you need...and an old truck!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fallen for Fall at Carriage House

We have officially begun Fall,the beautiful, colourful, "season of plenty",time to "reap what you have sown",and enjoy the "fruits of your labour" season!!
This October we will be celebrating our stores 5th year anniversary. When we first opened we barely had enough to fill the front of our shop, but we decorated with pumpkins,gourds,and corn stalks to made it look like something. Just so we could be open for Applefest!
We love to decorate the shop for each season but Fall is definitely our favourite! The colours are so warm and comforting,I love mixing in the browns and blacks,the ochre and deep reds,and you know what they say..that orange is the new blue!
I love that the sun is shining but the air has a different feel a crisp, fresh, new feeling!
As much as I want to decorate with natural items,(ghost pumpkins and ghost squash can dress up an otherwise plain cabinet just right) I do need to make some sales  so I have brought in some "pretties" that are actually for sale.



I know I posted this pic before but I love it!

pretties $3 ea
just liked the leaves here

ok so this is pushin it a little I know but when I see them I have to grab them,Christmas shoppers are early this year!!
cat,witch hats and pumpkins with faces $3 ea
got 2 more Living Life pics in
Say's it all!
starting our annual spooky theme,this year there's a new addition to the family!!
only one round birch bark pumpkin left! Can't geet anymore,the wholesalers are well into Christmas
EVERYONE can relate to these signs $19ea
sweet pair of twin spool beds from Ireland perfect in a cottage or guest room,and of course for a kids room they are perfect!
$10
$29
$24

$29 two in stock

Dresser $229
$15 hand painted on local salvaged clapboard
same!
signs $24 ea
Welcome Fall!!
Natalie
..
U

3 comments:

Sue said...

God I wish I was closer to your store.... :( One of these days I will get there!

The Stylish House said...

Natalie,
You’re everything and more what I imagined you would be from reading your comments on my blog. I’m Heather’s mom who recently found her live donor. I’ve been going down my comment list writing each wonderful person who left such encouraging words. I couldn’t wait to reach you, because I could you’re your genuine warm and humanity shine through. I believe you would have tried to donate if we needed it and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Wowzer! what a fantastic life and store you have! I come from a big family so know what crazy fun you’re having. If I lived near you I’d be one of your regular customers! Growing up my Dad had a funky turquoise Ford pickup truck so seeing yours put a big smile on my face. Thanks for this fun visit. It’s been great to meet you!
Hugs, Cathy

Midwest Cottage and Finds said...

Love your blog-and yes i did buy that great bench!! When you come to the states if you are coming to Illinois please look me up we can antique together!!