Powered By Blogger

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House
So this isn't Home Sweet Home...adjust!!

Baby Blue

Baby Blue
love is all you need...and an old truck!

Monday, February 7, 2011

A Piece of Bowmanville History is SAVED from the Dump!!

Our Bibles for Missions store is very lucky to have had one of their volunteers in the right place at the right time! Renovations at a local home (turned commercial space) on our main street would have seen this beauty demolished and taken to the dump if it weren't for a local man who was quick to save it!
How great is this cupboard,seriously!
It was built into the library (board room) and had to be carefully removed,transported, and reassembled in it's new home. A fine example of 1850's quality craftsmanship.
I am working on getting more history of the original owners and will update when I do.
This is her original home
How I wish it was us that had been in that right place,at that right moment.
It would have looked so great in our shop for display,but I am just happy to know that it is safe and didn't end up in a landfill like so much of our history has.
I offered $2000 but they are not planning to sell it for a penny under $20,000 can't say I blame them one bit (although $2000 could buy a lot of Bibles..just sayin :P)

Thou shalt not covet,thou shalt not covet,thou shalt not covet!

isn't it just stunning!

original wavy glass

I am in love

They will get tired of me coming to visit it :)
I did win 2 of the three antique silent auction items I bid on though. They went straight home. I will have pics of them soon.
Natalie

3 comments:

~The Boyd Homestead Farm~ said...

That is beautiful!! So glad it was rescued, I wouldn't mind having that either but I don't have the room nor the money, lol. I'm going to have to get in on one of those silent auctions, I love that store :) Can't wait to see what you won!!

~Trish~

Ginny said...

It is beautiful, just don't get arrested for stalking!! LOL

EFT Manual said...

I like that chinaware Cabinet as well! It's beautiful!