Powered By Blogger

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House
So this isn't Home Sweet Home...adjust!!

Baby Blue

Baby Blue
love is all you need...and an old truck!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ikea Clearance Room and Home Sense Fix




Jen and I went to Ikea and Home Sense the other day for some inspiration...I only bought an embroidered floral cushion for my couch but have been thinking about the island ever since,who ever thought I'd like IKEA??? my kids are proud! I love the way the stainless fridge looks in our kitchen,and already have an old store counter for an island..but ..but I could sell the island in my shop and buy the new one...that's the best part about having a shop (well besides shopping for the store) I can love a piece at home for awhile then when something new catches my eye I can swap it out..it's really an outlet for my overstock and an excuse to keep upgrading our home..except I really don't want to sell anything :S it's so hard when you get attached to pieces to see them go,but I am trying to make a living here so I do sell things I love and then sometimes even get to see them again..or a picture of them at least...just the other day I sold a chair from my basement..it was needing some love and a good cleaning..I always meant to do something with it..but a girl came into the store and she was so nice she was looking for a chippy painted chair so I went to my stash...(I only let people I really like buy from my basement),her taste was so similar to mine I had to find her something..I brought up 5 or more chairs for her to choose from and she picked the sweetest blue one...yesterday as I was adding blogs that I follow to my blog,  I saw it !! there is was in its new home all pretty....see Canadian Cottage. I was so happy it had a good home and was out of the basement..

No comments: