Powered By Blogger

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House
So this isn't Home Sweet Home...adjust!!

Baby Blue

Baby Blue
love is all you need...and an old truck!

Friday, May 21, 2010

Coffee Table Books

For the past few weeks I have been making weekly visits downtown Toronto to visit my daughter,she loves to shop (not sure where she gets that from) she especially loves vintage clothing stores,we've frequented The Black Market on Queen West and quite a few other used clothing shops all along Queen St. West.(Canadian Thrift Store )
But our most favourite store to hang out in is BMV bookstore, we can spend a lot of time there,but we don't spent a lot of $$$.
I have been collecting coffee table decorating books which originally sold for up to $50.00 each,and I only paid $9.99 for the most expensive one and $3.99 was the cheapest so an average price of $6.00 each is great!!
I love going over and over the pages of each of these books..and they make a nice display at the same time..at this rate I will have to get a really old bookshelf to put them on...or maybe some built ins from the salvaged 20"wide boards from the farm..hmmm
There's nothing more relaxing then reading outside on the deck with an ice cold bevey..
Happy reading this long weekend....
Natalie

3 comments:

Janice said...

Ooh lucky you! I never find good decorating books at thrift stores. The Shabby Chic one too! Enjoy:)
Janice

Carriage House Antiques said...

really?? cuz I come out with two or three every time..there's a whole collection of Debbie Travis books there (if you like her)..some from the 1990's..so funny to see all the sponge painting and over done spaces..
They have new books as well (the Old Ontario Houses was new)but at drastically reduced prices..I will never buy a new book again..
have a great weekend
Natalie

Cindy said...

Hi, I love all of your books, I wish I lived near and we could share books. I live in Winnipeg, so that's a little ways away, maybe not though, I'm in the next Province over. I'm so glad to find your blog, I am always looking for Canadian bloggers.
Glad I found you!
Cindy S